Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekly Fashion Roundup


Beyonce has officially taken leotards to a whole new level. During her Good Morning America performance in Central Park, Sasha Fierce showed up wearing a perforated long-sleeved bright yellow leotard with a fringed skirt, embodying her inner Tina Turner and looking like an upscale cocktail waitress. Not everyone could get away with this look but Bey is always willing to take risks. Did Bey work this leotard, or does the "B" really stand for Big Bird?

Italian Vogue editor, Franca Sozzani recently made a bold statement. According to Sozzani, she is not a fan of male fashionistas. "I dislike men in fashion. I don't like it when a man dresses as a fashionista. I don't think it's attractive at all. Women in fashion, on the other hand, are very attractive. Women can always make you dream." Does anyone else agree with Sozzani? Or are her comments a bit sexist?


While preparing for the welcome of her fourth child (and first daughter), Victoria Beckham has revealed her plans to start a second clothing line, Victoria by Victoria Beckham, which will range from $550 to $900. May sound a little steep but this is a bargain compared to her primary line, where a simple cap-sleeve nude sheath dress will run you $1,435 via NET-A-PORTER.COM. And since Mrs. Beckham doesn't put anything in her collections that she wouldn't wear herself, we'll have the opportunity to look flawless for less. Where do I sign up? FYI - Victoria has also denied the rumors of her posing nude and pregnant for Vogue. "I'm not really one of those people that likes to go out and pose and flaunt being pregnant... not like there's anything wrong in that. I'm so proud to be pregnant and I feel so blessed and so happy, I really do. But I'm just not that kind of person. So no, I won't be taking my clothes off. I don't think anyone needs to see that, other than my husband. Absolutely not."